New in River Cruising 2018
Guest Post by Lisa Leavitt
• Viking Ra will be cruising the River Nile in Egypt in 2018. Just 52 guests on this upscale vessel with suites
• Century River Cruises will cruise the Yangtze
• Avalon will offer trips down Vietnam’s Mekong River and Burma’s Irrawaddy River
• Amadeus will present new golf-focused river cruises next spring including visits to 4 prestigious golf courses
• Foodies will enjoy Scenic’s cooking school aboard select ships
• Un Cruise Adventures will feature eight Rivers of Wine itineraries on the Legacy, a turn of the century steamer sailing the Columbia and Snake rivers in the US and their Rivers of Adventure series will allow for hiking, biking, kayaking and more from their starting point of Portland, Oregon.
• And, much more: barges down the Seine, multigenerational cruises on CroisiEurope where kids under 16 go for free.
Sales happen all the time with the river cruise companies: some offer 2-for-1 fares or free international air or they waive their single supplements.
Here’s some offers going on right now:
• Avalon Cruises: Save $2,000 per couple on 2018 Active Discovery River Cruises on the Rhine or Danube
• Paul Gauguin Cruises: Two Week Sale for cruises in the South Pacific. $2,900 per person savings on select sailings.
• Emerald Waterways: Sensations of Southern France: if 6 people book, then the 7th person is free.
Contact ActiveTravels to find out the latest deals! We won’t steer you wrong!